AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid and BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy Acid. They treat skin conditions such as acne, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc. But the question is, are they even worth the hype? Let us figure it out, they are both chemical exfoliants with different functions.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids: AHA can work on the superficial layers and give you a brighter and even-looking appearance. They are most commonly used to treat skin conditions such as dry skin, aging skin, and acne scars.
Beta Hydroxy Acids: BHAs penetrate deep into the skin and treat skin conditions such as acne and reduce pore congestion. They can help people with oily skin that tends to break out often.
So YES, they are worth the hype and can help provide solutions to your skin-related problems. This is how you can incorporate them into your skincare regimen:
- Exfoliating acids should be included in your skincare slowly, initially, you can go for exfoliants in toner or serum form.
- Add products with actives, and start using them once or twice a week so that the skin can build a tolerance to them. Once your skin gets used to it, you can use these actives more often.
- Always do a patch test first to protect your skin from allergic reactions.
- Skipping SPF is a no-no. Apply your sunscreen during the day even if you are sitting indoors.
- Use products according to the instructions given and do not use more than is recommended.
You can check out Lotus Professional PHYTORx AHA+BHA Serum Booster, it is a peeling solution with a perfect blend of AHA and BHA. It has active ingredients such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid that can help deeply exfoliate leaving you with brighter skin. To grab yours, visit