We all know the importance of skincare but how to know that the products you are using are for you? Knowing your skin type is an important step before spending all your money on products that might not even work for you. Everyone has a different skin type and what might work for some does not work for you. Choosing skincare products based on your skin type can help reap all the benefits of the products, it also ensures that your skin doesn’t react badly because one bad product can be the reason for your breakouts and other skin problems. These are some common types of skin – normal, oily, dry, combination, and sensitive. This is how you can figure out your skin type:
- If you have oily skin, it tends to appear shiny, has enlarged pores, and can have issues like acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Dry skin usually looks tight after washing.
- Sensitive skin can turn red after washing.
- One way of figuring out is-Wash your face and do not apply anything for 30 minutes, then examine your face.
- If your skin feels tight then you are most likely to have dry skin.
- If your skin feels shiny and oily on the nose. Forehead and cheeks area then you have oily skin.
- If your skin feels oily on the T- zone and dry around the cheeks, then you have a combination skin type.
- If your skin has a slight shine on the nose and forehead then you have normal skin.
- If your skin turns red and your skin feels irritated then you are most likely to have sensitive skin.
This is one of the easiest methods that you can use to determine your skin type. By understanding the skin type you can make an informed decision for yourself and choose products that are made to suit your skin.