Facials are a great way to revitalize your skin and they take your beauty routine to another level. Don’t you feel refreshed after getting a deep cleansing facial done?
They are great for helping your skin look and feel better. It is truly a form of self-care for some people. When the seasons change, you switch up a lot of things, such as lighter supper fare for heartier soups and stews or cooler summer clothing for a warmer winter outfit. Unfortunately, the winter frequently alters the way your skin looks. When the temperature gets colder, dry skin becomes very frequent.
Natural oils serve as a barrier of defence and hydration for our skin, trapping humidity or moisture. Generally speaking, a compromised skin barrier is what causes dry skin. Due to excessive bathing or the use of skin-drying products, your skin's natural oils are being lost, which is why it isn't functioning as well as it should.
Itching, flakiness, and redness are common signs of dry skin, but in more extreme situations, your skin may also become damaged or bleed.
How to prevent dry skin in the winter
Winter skin care for dry skin combines changing habits, switching products, and carefully reading ingredient labels.
- Reduce how often and for how long you take showers.
Everyone believes that taking a hot shower is a good cure because it is cold outside. But excessive washing dries out your skin. Your skin loses its natural oils as a result of the hot water. Your skin will, however, also become dry from the hot water itself. Your skin will become dryer the warmer the water you use.
- After showering, moisturise immediately.
It's also important to hydrate your skin. After taking a shower, blot your skin dry with a towel before applying moisturiser right away. The majority of moisturisers work by holding moisture in your skin. Because there is no moisture to trap, applying moisturiser to extremely dry skin won't be very beneficial. It is much more beneficial to apply moisturisers to damp skin, especially if your skin is dry to begin with.
- Pay close attention to ingredient labels
Read the ingredient list when choosing a cream and choose items that contain hyaluronic acid and ceramide, both of which are moisture-friendly substances, as opposed to botanicals like lavender, tea tree oil, or coconut oil. The components in certain additional skincare products you could use every day can potentially irritate the skin. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide can be found in acne remedies, whereas alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic acids, and retinol are frequently found in anti-aging products.
- Don’t overexfoliate
However, exfoliating is really effective. Your skin will be drained of any oils or moisture, becoming even dryer and more inflamed. max. once or twice per week to exfoliate.
- Protect your hands
We use a lot of alcohol-based hand sanitizer, particularly during the COVID-19 outbreak. That is an irritant and drying agent. You can continue to sanitise while moisturising as much as you can with a product containing dimethicone, a silicone-based moisturiser that works wonders for dry skin.
There are different types of facials available in the market these days. It is tricky to find the perfect facial that suits your skin and exactly what you need. Here are some options-
For Dull Skin
There are endless options to choose from according to your preferences and needs, they have Glowdermie facial, Goldsheen facial, instafair facial, Ultimo Gold facial, Dermospa Japanese Sakura facia, 4 Layers Advanced Whitening Facial, etc.
- GLOWDERMIE FACIAL: This facial gives glow, shine, and brilliance to the complexion. It can help lighten and even out the skin tone.
- GOLDSHEEN FACIAL: This facial incorporates actives for instant gold-like luster. This treatment also exfoliates the skin of spots, blemishes, and dead cells, and at the same time smoothens out wrinkles.
- ULTIMO GOLD FACIAL: This skin-transforming treatment penetrates 24 Karat Gold to the skin’s deepest layer, accelerates cell renewal, stimulates lymphatic drainage, and promotes the clearance of stagnant melanin to brighten the skin. The energy inherent in pure gold can help revive the skin, and also gives it a fresh and healthy complexion.
- ACNEX Facial: It is formulated with plant extracts that help control skin infection without being an irritant to the skin. They root out skin infections. It helps disinfect the area keeping the skin clean for a longer period of time.
- ADVANCED PAPAYA MARMALADE FACIAL: It can help fade out dark patches, treats sun spots and freckles, and guarantees a blemish-free skin
- DIPIGMENTONE FACIAL: It helps fade out freckles, lighten, and even out skin tone. It can help reduce hyperpigmentation.
- LACTO DeTan: It is an effective blend of carrot, licorice, and biotic extracts which start working on the skin instantly and helps remove tanning. They renew damaged skin cells to remove sun tan and spots and eventually even out the skin tone to reveal radiant and glowing skin.
- 4 LAYER ADVANCED ANTI-AGEING FACIAL: It contains natural active ingredients that can help with elasticity and hydration of the skin, and reduces fine lines and blemishes. It is a deep cleansing facial that can give results that last long, leaving you with radiant youthful skin.
- ADVANCED KIWI FRUIT MARMALADE FACIAL: Kiwi repairs collagen and reduces the appearance of fine lines. It can be ideal for people who lead a hectic life and has a busy lifestyle.
For Acne-Prone Skin
Skin with Blemishes and Pigmentation:
For Tanned Skin
Aging and Fine Lines
Once you get any treatments done, you have to take extra care of your skin to maximize the results. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
Do not go out in direct sunlight at least for 24 hours after getting facials done. After a day, if you step outside do not miss wearing sunscreen.
Follow a simple yet effective skincare routine that can help maintain your skin’s health.
Do not experiment with different products since you don’t know how your skin will react to them.
Follow a nutritious diet with whole foods and fruits because what you eat shows on your face.
Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day, it can help remove toxins from the body and helps maintain a healthy glow.
Start prepping for your skin in advance and be consistent with your skin treatment.
Do not take stress, after all, it is your special day. Taking stress can cause hormonal acne and dull skin and you do not want that.
These are some extra points that can help make your skin flawless and glowing.because they can be highly drying to the skin. Instead, choose for nutritious cream cleansers that are kinder to the skin. This is especially crucial if you use a potent makeup remover that dries out your skin.
- Failure to Use Sunscreen
When it's hot and sunny outside, applying sunscreen can seem like a no-brainer, but in the dead of winter, it might not. On gloomy days, however, UVA and UVB radiation can still get through and harm the skin, contributing to accelerated ageing. This is especially crucial now because the ozone layer has been thinning over time, increasing our exposure to dangerous rays. For adequate protection, use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
- Absence of Exfoliation
Exfoliation is typically avoided throughout the winter because most people believe it is only appropriate during the summer. Low temperatures, however, can also contribute to the advantages of exfoliation because it clears the skin and removes dead skin cells. Additionally, exfoliated skin will absorb all of those intense moisturising creams better. Be careful to avoid using a rough scrub and instead use a soft exfoliator. Too much exfoliation can worsen any skin issues already present and cause more irritation.