Having a skincare routine is your first step toward the skin care journey and if the routine is effective, it can lead to healthy and glowing skin. However, instead of having healthy skin are you experiencing sudden breakouts? Do your skin feels itchy and irritated? Your skin is not showing any improvement? Let us address it, there must be a reason behind this. Here are five reasons why your skincare is not working:
- Skin is accustomed to the routine: Your skin care needs to change according to the needs of the skin. your skin gets accustomed to the routine and then it is not that effective anymore. Changing skincare products after some time according to your skincare concerns is important.
- Expired Product: Of course, using an expired product is not only ineffective but can cause reactions to the skin as well. If you notice any colour or smell changes in your product, check its shelf life and dismiss it if the product is expired.
- Not responding to the weather changes: Different weather has different skin concerns that need your attention. During winter, the skin is prone to dryness so it is crucial to provide your skin with hydration. During monsoon, the skin needs to be exfoliated because humid weather can cause clogged pores. In a nutshell, choosing products according to the weather changes can help treat your skin concerns better.
- Hormonal Disbalance: Sudden lifestyle or diet changes can cause hormonal disbalance sometimes resulting in excessive sebum production leading to pore congestion, acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Your skin needs a break: Layering products and having an endless number of serums in your skincare routine might sound fun but sometimes it’s doing more harm than good to your skin. It’s time that your skin needs a break, you can try doing skin fast – avoid using products for a week or two and follow a basic routine including cleansing, moisturising, and SPF.