Acne is a skin condition caused due to many reasons, the most known being clogged pores but some skincare habits worsen or cause acne. There are some habits in our everyday routine beyond skincare causing zits and acne, here are some skincare habits that are making you breakout:
- Dirty Makeup Brushes or Blenders: Do you remember the last time you washed your makeup tools? Dirty makeup tools are a breeding ground for bacteria and when you continuously use them on your face it can transfer that bacteria onto your skin resulting in clogged pores, acne, and irritated skin. Clean your makeup tools at least once a week if you use makeup regularly.
- Face Hygiene: Washing your face 2-3 times a day is ideal to maintain facial hygiene. Apart from that, moisturising the face is also important. Oily skin people skip this step but no, all skin types must moisturise. If you do not, the skin will start producing more oil and that can cause acne.
- Unhealthy Lifestyle: Unhealthy lifestyle like having meals with high carbs or not having a well-balanced diet, also includes a sedentary lifestyle can cause hormonal disbalance in the body. Hormonal disbalance can cause acne and breakouts.
- Not using the right products: This can be the prime reason for your acne. Choose products that are ideal for your skin type and if not, they can cause more harm than good to the skin. If you have acne-prone skin, use products that are non-comedogenic and preferably have salicylic acid.
- Aggressive Face Scrubbing: Using physical exfoliators and scrubbing your face vigorously can cause more breakouts and inflammation. It is better to use chemical exfoliators such as AHAs and BHAs that can gently exfoliate the skin and helps with acne.
These are some of the habits you must be following unconsciously in your day-to-day routine that can cause breakouts. Be mindful of your skin’s needs and triggers.