With monsoon comes acne, and many skin-related conditions pave the way as the weather turns humid. One of the major skin condition people face during this weather is acne breakouts. Acne is a skin condition caused due to clogged pores and that is a result of excess buildup on the skin. The level of humidity and dampness is high during monsoon which causes an excess build-up on the skin eventually resulting in acne, blackheads, or whiteheads. Now, we can not control the weather. What we can do is take extra care of the skin during monsoon months. These are the steps you can take to deal with acne breakouts during monsoon:
- Do not touch your skin unnecessarily: Do not pick out your existing pimples and touch your skin unnecessarily. It can worsen the acne and cause flare ups.
- Use makeup cautiously: Using excessive makeup can clog the pores, so it is better to either avoid makeup or use products that are non-comedogenic and oil-free.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly: Wash your face with a gentle face wash that can cleanse the skin properly without stripping away the natural oils.
- Add a toner: A toner can help cleanse the skin further and can help minimise the appearance of pores.
- Exfoliate: Certain exfoliants can help reduce the appearance of acne and can help fade scars. Exfoliating the skin can be a game changer for somebody with acne. Choose products that are gentle and effective on your skin.
- Use sunscreen: Find a sunscreen that works for you because skipping it is not an option. SPF is crucial especially if you use actives like AHAs and BHAs otherwise it can cause more harm than good. Sunscreen is a must even during monsoons.
It gets irritating dealing with acne-prone skin, especially in this humid weather. However, consistently following an effective skin care regimen can help combat monsoon blues.