Are you worried about stepping out in the sun because it makes your skin tanned, dull and tired? Worry not, we have found the best natural ways on how to remove tan. The heat is back and so is suntan, but let's be clear, our body needs Vitamin D and we all know that sun is the best source for that, but won't it cause tanning?
What is Tanning?
Sun exposure is the real talk here, if it's the morning sun, which is usually by ten in the morning, it's safe and you should actually soak in some goodness, but keep in mind, 'some'. Long exposure to the harsh sun, no matter if it's with or without SPF, can cause skin to appear dull, tired and uneven.
This can cause premature ageing and makes skin lose it's glow and charm. Sunscreen can only protect your skin from UVA and UVB damage, but the longer you stay out, the more your skin is exposed to environmental aggressors and not just that, these factors affect every skin type, differently.
The Effects of Tan on Different Skin Types
- Oily Skin: You may not like it, but it's a blessing in disguise. Having Oily skin can be a struggle, it's hard to keep the skin barrier in place with all those extra oils and constant need to wash them off, but don't over wash your face! The extra oil acts as an extra layer of protection and that makes your skin naturally more resistant to sun. But make sure your pores are clean, excess sebum and dead cells can clog them and make your skin look dull and lifeless.
- Dry Skin: Sun exposure is your worst enemy, it can make your already dry skin even more parched and flaky. This is because it absorbs all the moisture and makes your skin dehydrated, and that leads to sun burns and itchiness. No matter what skin type you have, make sure to wear your sunscreen every day. For oily skin type, a gel matte formula would be suitable and for the dry skin type, a hydrating crème based moisturizing formula would be the best cream to remove tanning and protect skin from further damage.
How to Remove Tan from Face?
Tanning can make your skin very sensitive and patchy, which can make it look uneven and dark. The UVA rays that penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin, trigger melanin production which cause skin darkening. Melanin is our body's way to protect the skin from burning. To lighten tan, you have to calm the skin first so its functioning can come back to normal. For that, try some skin-soothing DIYs with mild acidic agents. Try these tan removal remedies to comfort your skin,
- Saffron and Milk: Soak a few strands of saffron in milk and apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes then wash off with lukewarm or cold water. This remedy helps to soften skin and soothe the dryness, which helps to lighten the effects of tanning.
- Oatmeal and Buttermilk: Soak a spoonful of oats or oatmeal in half a cup of water for a few minutes, once it softens, add 2-3 teaspoon of plain buttermilk to it. Mix it well and apply a thick layer, all over the affected area. Buttermilk is rich in lactic acid and helps to lighten pigmentation and unevenness while oatmeal is rich in skin nourishing properties.
- Cucumber Juice: Squeeze some shreds of cucumber and apply the juice all over the tanned skin, keep it for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water. This will not only give your skin a cooling effect but will help to lighten the tan too.
How to Remove Tan from Hands & Feet?
Our hands and feet have to go through the same harsh sun but we often neglect the care they deserve. We can easily put a mask or pack on our face but for our arms, hands and feet, we need a simple and quick hack that looks easy and works fast. Don't worry, we have the best skincare tips for you.
- Aloe Gel: Slice the leaf of the Aloe plant, now scoop out some fresh gel and gently massage it all over the affected area, it's the best remedy for body tan removal. Mix it with Cucumber Juice or some Rose Water to make it even more cooling and soothing. This will help to soothe burns and will also lighten the tan.
- Almond Scrub: Soak some almonds in a bowl of water at night and make a fine paste of it in the morning. Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk to make it a little creamy. Scrub it gently then wash off with lukewarm water. To make it even more nourishing, you can add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut Milk works as a mild cleanser and the best part, it's intensely nourishing and is a great source of natural Vitamin C. Just soak a cotton ball in some coconut milk and apply it all over the tanned area, let it sit on your skin for 15 minutes then wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Tan Removal Treatments
Tanning is a common concern and it's often treatable with the right products and remedies, but sometimes the damage is deep and needs special care. In that case, consider taking advice from a dermatologist. Treatments like Laser Toning, Chemical Peels and Microdermabrasion, can revive your healthy complexion by deeply exfoliating your skin. These treatments should always be performed by professionals.
Best Products to Remove Tan
DIYs and Remedies can only work to a certain extent, but for a complete care, you need a full-proof skincare routine that helps to heal and protect your skin from further damage. To make it easier, we've picked our top four sun care essentials for you,
- Phyto-Rx Deep Pore Cleansing Face Wash: First step in any routine starts with a mild cleanser/ face wash, and for that extra care we have the Phyto-Rx Deep Pore Cleansing Face wash that helps to purify skin by removing dirt and impurities, and clearing the clogged pores. It has Tea Tree and Rosemary extracts that help prevent acne and soothe irritated skin.
- Phyto-Rx Clarifying & Soothing Toner: To give your skin some hydration and make it look smoother and toned, Toner is a must. Phyto-Rx Clarifying & Soothing Toner is made from the purest and most effective, holistic plant extracts that calm, revive and hydrate the deepest layers of your skin and make it look bright and fresh, instantly.
- Phyto-Rx Rejuvina Herbcomplex Protective Lotion: Your body needs sun protection too, and let's all agree here, we don't put SPF all over our body, but don't worry, we've made it easier for you with this one product. Phyto-Rx Rejuvina Herbcomplex Protective lotion is an everyday moisturizer with SPF-15. It's infused with the goodness of Rose, Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Wheat extracts that help heal minor rashes and sunburns while keeping skin moist, supple and hydrated.
- Phyto-Rx UV Screen Gel SPF 60: Don't skip your sunscreen, no matter what. Not only does it protect your skin from sun damage, it also prevents premature signs of ageing. Phyto-Rx UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 60 is an oil-free daily protector against UVA and UVB rays, it's lightweight, non-oily and non-greasy, perfectly comfortable for all skin types.
- Complete At-Home De-Tan Kit: In case you need a quick and easy complete tan removal at home, try our Lacto DeTAN Facial Kit that safely removes the tan, exfoliates dead cells, and protects your skin from further UV exposure. It comes with step-by-step instructions and an easy-to-use guide.
Now when you have a sun-proof skincare guide, enjoy the day and don't forget to give your skin all the love and care it needs for that happy and healthy glow!