Now that we are done with summer, here comes the monsoon with a different set of skincare problems. Monsoon brings humidity that can cause skin irritation, acne, and dull & dry skin. Even though the weather seems better and with summer's gone, your skin needs to keep up with the change as well. You need to incorporate a few tips into your regular skincare routine. Here are a few effective skin care tips to beat the monsoon blues:
- Cleanse Properly: It is ideal to wash your face twice a day and take a good 30-40 seconds to get rid of all the sweat and oil build-up. We get it, monsoon humidity makes you want to wash your face all the time but do not over-cleanse your skin. It will do more harm than good for your skin.
- Add in Exfoliation: Humidity and sweat can cause pore congestion. Add exfoliation to your regular skincare routine that can remove the dead skin cells, reduce pore congestion, help with acne, and adds a healthy glow to your skin.
- Keep it simple and minimal: Do not add unnecessary steps to your skincare routine, keep it simple and minimal. Layering a lot of products may feel heavy on the skin and can cause breakouts.
- Use lightweight makeup: Use lightweight makeup products that can let your skin breathe. Switch from cream-based products to gel-based products and at the end of the day, do not forget to remove all the makeup with a gentle makeup remover.
- Wear your Sunscreen: Cloudy weather or rains do not block the harmful UV rays so you need to protect your skin in monsoons as well. Wear your sunscreen every day and if you are not at home, reapply after every 2-3 hours.
These are a few tips that can help your skin to beat monsoon blues. Everyone likes the monsoon and rain except your skin. Take extra care of your skin and enjoy monsoons with a glow on your face.