“What are the Two-finger tips and tricks for applying sunscreen?” is one of the most common questions we get here at Lotus. It is important to protect your skin from the sun, but that doesn’t mean you have to slather on the product. The key is to use the right amount of product and knowing how to apply it can make all the difference. Two fingers of sunscreen is an easy way to measure how much product you need to apply to your face, ears, and neck to get the maximum SPF protection! There are several areas of our body like the head, neck, and face that are exposed to the sun most of the time. We’ve put together some tips on the two-finger trick to help you get the most out of your sunscreen.
Let's say, you're using one of our sunscreens, the PHYTORx Silk Matte UV Defense Sunblock with SPF 50, a silky sunscreen that has an ultra-smooth feather-like texture with a unique ‘crème to powder formula.
- Make sure you have two finger lengths of sunscreen. This entails squeezing two strips of sunscreen from the tip to the base of the index and middle fingers. It should be enough to cover your entire face and neck.
- Apply sunscreen on your cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose gently. It's not necessary to spread it out or knead it in.
- Pat your sunscreen out with a fresh, dry sponge to evenly apply it all over your face.
- Now, just let the sunscreen dry. We've designed PHYTORx Silk Matte Sunblock to transform into a silky, powder-like finish so you can perform steps 2 & 3 without any hiccups.
- Sunscreen, unlike some other skincare measures, frequently requires numerous applications each day, especially if you spend a lot of time outside. The sunscreen's effectiveness fades on the skin when it interacts with bodily oils and fluids, requiring reapplying every two hours.
So, there you have it, the two-finger trick of applying sunscreen, the right way.