When it comes to skincare, there's nothing more relaxing than a soothing face mask. Summer is almost here and so is the season of masking, because, during this time, our skin gets extremely sensitive and oily, and let's all admit, this is the time when our skin gets all the massive breakouts and texture-related concerns, including bumpy skin, redness, itchiness and the worst of all, suntan and dark spots. While going out for facials may seem like a nice option, don't forget, we're still in the middle of a global pandemic and should follow certain precautions to stay safe. Therefore, the best way to pamper your skin is by trying out some fun and healthy homemade face packs. But before we get into making some of the best and easiest natural face packs, let us understand why and what kind of face mask our skin needs.
Why is it important to use a Face Pack?No doubt, face packs are the most relaxing and de-stressing part of a skincare routine but did you know, it's one of the best ways to feed your skin the real goodness of healthy skincare ingredients. Face packs are great to pamper your skin and because it's up to us to decide what we really need to put on our skin, we can keep things all-natural and clean here. Besides soothing the skin, face packs can instantly deliver a boost of hydration and moisture to our skin, making it look bright and fresh in no time. Since you can choose the ingredients, you can always customize a face pack as per your skin concerns and skin type. Moreover, you can avoid or target a specific area too, and in case you want to multi-mask, you can always choose how much and where to apply the product. The best part, these are easy to use and can be made instantly with the choice of our ingredients.
Instant Glow face packs for a Brighter ComplexionWho doesn't like a brighter-looking, youthful glow? And what if we say you can get it without going out or spending a single penny, sounds interesting right! Try out these simple homemade face pack for instant glow and fairness.
- Strawberry and Honey Face Pack: If you want rosy pink, soft and supple skin, then this DIY is for you. Mash 1-2 strawberries and put a teaspoon of organic honey into it, mix well and apply it evenly all over your face. Keep it on for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. Strawberries have natural exfoliating agents that help remove skin darkening and dead cells while Honey deeply nourishes and moisturizes the skin to make it look smoother and brighter, instantly.
- Sandalwood and Rosewater Face Pack: You must have guessed it by now, yes, it's the age-old DIY from our grandmother's beauty secrets. Sandalwood and Rosewater face pack is the ultimate glow hack to revive and freshen up your complexion instantly. These ingredients are the best of their type and are specially known for their skin-brightening and soothing properties. Mix a teaspoon of each in a bowl and apply it all over your face and neck, generously. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water for a quick glow-up!
- Milk and Honey Face Pack: Known for their skin-nourishing properties, a blend of Milk and Honey will not only moisturize your skin deeply but will also help to lighten the unevenness. Packed with the goodness of Lactic acid, a natural skin brightening agent, Milk helps to soothe irritated skin and help it get back to its healthy state. Mix a teaspoon of each in a bowl and apply it all over your face and neck, keep it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water to reveal your healthy, glowing complexion.
Face Pack for Oily SkinWe all know how difficult it can get to keep skin non-oily and non-greasy during hot summer months, don't worry we've got some refreshing and skin-purifying DIY face packs to tackle all your oily skin woes!
- Besan and Turmeric Face Pack: Besan or Gram Flour is an excellent ingredient to absorb excess oil and mattify skin and when we mix it with Turmeric, it gets 10 times better. This mask will not only clarify your skin but will also help to prevent breakouts and suntan since these two ingredients work great as antibacterial and skin-lightening agents. Mix one teaspoon each with sufficient water and apply the pack all over your face and neck, wash off after 15 minutes to get bright and glowing skin, instantly.
- Aloe and Turmeric Face Pack: Aloe Pulp mixed with Turmeric is a perfect blend to control excess oil and purify the skin. The cooling aloe gel soothes the skin while turmeric helps to keep it acne and oil-free. Mix one tablespoon of fresh aloe pulp with a pinch of turmeric. Apply the gel all over your face and neck, wash off after 15 minutes to reveal healthier-looking, soft and supple skin.
- Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti) with Rose Water: We all must have tried this at some point, it's our Mom's favorite home made face pack right? While Multani Mitti helps to absorb excess oil and purify skin, rose water helps to hydrate and cool down the skin. Mix a tablespoon of Multani Mitti with sufficient rose water to make a thick paste, apply it evenly all over the face and neck then wash off after 15-20 minutes to get super smooth and softest skin.
Face pack for Dry & Combination SkinDry and dehydrated skin looks extremely dull and tired, especially during hot and dry months. To give your skin a deep moisture therapy, we have made a list of some of the best face pack for dry skin.
- Aloe and Honey Face Pack: Aloe is a naturally soothing ingredient and when mixed with Honey, the mixture acts as a moisturizing booster for dry skin. Mix a tablespoon of fresh aloe pulp with a teaspoon of honey, apply it all over the face and neck and wash off after 15 minutes to reveal your supple and soft skin.
- Rice Flour Face Pack: Rice starch helps to strengthen our skin's natural barrier and this makes the rice flour face pack a great remedy to restore moisture and hydration. Mix one tablespoon of rice flour with two teaspoons of honey and apply it evenly all over the face and neck, wash off after 15-20 minutes to get the softest, glowing skin, instantly.
- Avocado Face Pack: Avocado is packed with nutritious properties to stimulate skin collagen and improve skin texture and elasticity. To make this nourishing pack you will need one tablespoon of mashed avocado and two teaspoons of honey, mix them well and apply the pack all over your face. Wash it off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.