Monsoon might be your favourite weather because what is not to like about it, right? Your skin might disagree. The constant change in the weather makes it hard for your skin to adjust and It brings its own set of problems for people with dry skin including scaly skin, invisible pores, and uneven & itchy dry skin. It is crucial to have a skincare routine, especially in monsoon and if you already have one, add in a few changes according to the weather. To make it easier for you, here are some tips for people with dry skin during the monsoon:
- Hydration: Dehydration can lead to dry skin, keep drinking water and hydrate yourself at all times. It can help flush out toxins from your body.
- Moisturise: Moisturising the skin is extremely important even if it is humid outside, skipping it is a big no-no. Go for cream-based skin if you have extremely dry skin, however, during monsoon, even the dry skin can turn a little oily. In that case, go for a gel-based moisturiser.
- Exfoliate: Avoid physical exfoliators as they can irritate the skin, add actives in your skincare routine according to your skin concerns. AHAs and BHAs can gently exfoliate the skin and treat certain skin conditions. However, use a gentle product since harshness can irritate dry skin.
- Makeup Tip: Do not sleep with your makeup on and avoid using heavy products during monsoon, it can clog your pores. Add powder blushes, bb cream, and water-based products. It will last longer and sits comfortably on dry skin.
- Balanced Diet: You are what you eat, eating a balanced and healthy diet including good fats and veggies can help repair dry and patchy skin.
Take complete care of your skin in this gloomy and humid weather and your skin will thank you later.